This weekend was hard in particular. Last Wednesday (the 4th) I was out on the lake with some friends and Landon called, not once, but twice. And I missed the call, not once, but twice. I was absolutely sick, so I was really looking forward to the weekend with my family. My family was here to go to a Rangers game and Hurricane Harbor, and while I thought that would keep me busy and my mind off of completely missing Landon, it only made me long for my husband more. My WHOLE family was together, but my very best friend was missing.
I received 4 letters in the mail yesterday from Landon. 2:30 is usually my favorite part of the day (around the time the mail comes), when I get to sit down and "talk" with my husband. I think he said it best in one of his letters. He said "I really miss your physical presence, but I think what I miss most is just being able to talk to you." I have said from the very beginning that yes, 10 weeks is a long time to be apart, but 10 weeks is even longer when almost all communication is cut off.
I don't mean this post to be a drag, it's just my place to share my thoughts and feelings, and these are my thoughts and feelings. I spent some time doing my Bible Study this morning over Esther, and God really spoke to me. This life may be hard, it may not be ideal or what I had in mind, but Landon and I are right where God wants to be "for such a time as this."
Here are a few pictures from the weekend with my family! While it was a little crazy having 8 adults, 3 kids under the age of 6, and 2 dogs all under one roof, we had a lot of fun!!!


Esther by Beth Moore? One of my very favorite studies. God spoke to me so much through that one. You're so close and doing so well! Keep on keepin on!
ReplyDelete