Sunday, June 17, 2012

His voice

Friday was my last day with my family for the week.  I had such a wonderful time hanging out with my sisters, brother, nephews, and parents.  They are all such a huge blessing in my life.

Two of my sisters volunteered to drive me to the airport to catch my flight.  On our way there, my phone rang.  The area code was 803, from Columbia, SC.  I immediately told my sister to pull over so I wouldn't lose service, and answered my phone.  It was my dear, sweet husband.  I can not even describe the excitement I felt when I heard his voice.  I knew he might get a phone call on Father's Day, but his platoon did so well on a test that they let them call early.  I was completely giddy the rest of the drive to the airport.  Also, because I had been gone for over a week, I had 7 letters in my mailbox waiting for me from Landon as well.  Friday was like Christmas X100,000,000!

0 comments:

Post a Comment