Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's A..............

From the very beginning, on September 13th, when I found out I was carrying a sweet baby inside me, I couldn't wait to find out if it was a boy or a girl, but the way my appointments were falling, I didn't think I would be able to find out until after the first of January.  A friend of mine is due 2 days after me, and she mentioned that she was going to a place where you pay a certain amount of money to find out what the gender is.  Naturally, I looked into it and booked our appointment for December 8th, when I would be 16 weeks pregnant.

I knew I wanted to surprise both mine and Landon's parents on Christmas with a gift of either all pink or all blue baby items.  We were telling everyone we weren't finding out until January, so we knew it would throw them all off.

Long story short, my doctor told me I could come in on the 6th to find out for cheaper than that other place I had booked, so I booked the appointment and waited impatiently for that day at 4:00.  Landon and I made our final guesses before the sonographer came in.  He said boy, I said girl, but I really thought it would be a boy anyways.  Landon comes from a family of ALL boys, from his grandpa to all of his cousins on his dad's side, so I knew having a girl was a slim chance.  The sonographer began and was pointing out different body parts of the baby as she was going.  Landon and I could both tell before she ever said anything what it was.  I think she was just trying to get a really good picture, and then she finally said, "Well, you're having a GIRL!"  We were both pretty shocked and excited at the same time.  This would be the first granddaughter on my side of the family and the first girl on his.

We both agreed to tell one person, because we just couldn't keep the secret completely for 2 whole weeks.  We celebrated Christmas with Landon's family first.  They opened the gift with pink socks and pink confetti and put 2 and 2 together.  Here is a little video of their reactions.

We went to my family's a couple days later and broke the news to them the same way.  I absolutely loved my dad's reaction!

We were excited to finally be able to share our news with the rest of the world.  We didn't even keep the pregnancy a secret for this long from our parents!  It makes it more real talking about "her" and "she".  I can't believe we are going to have a daughter in just a few short months.  We feel so blessed.


Olivia Joy Turrubiarte will be here in May!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment