Sunday, November 25, 2012

First Trimester Recap

I suppose if I got rid of my Facebook account I would keep this updated a little more, especially during this pregnancy, but it's much easier to just post the weekly "bump" pictures on Facebook to make it short and sweet.  At the rate I'm going I'll post after each trimester which only means one more trimester before a baby post:)

14 weeks
I really feel very blessed with my first 14 weeks of this pregnancy.  I have been sick a handful of times, but as soon as I get it "out of my system" I am fine and ready to go!  I would much rather take feeling "sick" for 20 minutes rather than nauseous all day long.  I've only gained around 2 pounds I think.  I'm only taking the doctor's scale seriously.  I've weighed myself 2 other times and one said I lost 10 pounds and one said I lost 2 pounds, so who knows.  I'll find out for sure next week at my next appointment.  I haven't had to buy any maternity clothes yet, but I really feel like this last week I have really "popped".  It has been so nice being on Thanksgiving break because I have been in leggings and sweats pretty much all week.  The thought of my work clothes or jeans doesn't sound appealing, but I am kind of in the in-between stage where I can't justify buying maternity clothes yet because I really don't NEED them yet, but I can't buy normal clothes either because I won't be able to wear them for much longer.  This girl just wants to shop!  I've been sleeping pretty well other than waking up to pee.  The 2 or 3 nights I have woken up the next morning and realized I never woke up to go to the bathroom were quite accomplishments!  I'm not much for interrupted sleep just to go pee.

Baby at 11 weeks
Someone asked me yesterday if I feel different now that I'm pregnant or if I ever forget that I'm pregnant.  My answer is no to both questions.  Other than the few times being sick and my forehead that looks like I have the chicken pox, I don't feel much different.  However the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is "I wonder if I lay here long enough and still enough if I will be able to feel the baby."  It's usually the last thing Landon and I talk about before we go to sleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up.  It's kind of hard to forget that God is growing a human being inside of me.  At our last appointment we had a 3D ultrasound.  At that point I was only 11 weeks.  It was so amazing to see the little baby inside of me.  I mean, it looked like a real baby.  The verse in Psalm 139 came to me "I have knit you together in your mother's womb".  We serve a pretty incredible God.

Landon and I are very excited to find out the gender in the next month, and I'm ready to finally really start showing.  I can't believe how fast this school year/pregnancy has already gone.  We only have 26 weeks to go to meet our sweet baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment