Everyone in the whole state (or US) is dealing with budget cuts in the education system. Landon and I were concerned, but we knew God was in control. On March 25, the day we were supposed to find out if we weren't going to get our contracts renewed, I told the Lord, on my way to school that I knew he was in control, he already had a plan, and to just give me peace with whatever that plan was. The rule was "Last in, first out". Landon and I were both hired in July of 2010, so our principals came in and gave us BOTH the news. Both of us were losing our jobs, and in just 2 weeks we were supposed to close on our first home. While we were both upset and a little nervous, we knew the state was not in control of our future, but God was.
We decided to go ahead and close on our house (HUGE leap of faith), and both decided to get jobs in the summer. We knew we would be getting paid through August, but our summer money would be for our September and October house payments if it came down to that. Landon got a job selling fireworks in Louisiana for 2 weeks, and I got a job teaching summer school.
We had so many people praying for us and our situation. We could truly feel the peace of God from those prayers. I was applying for other jobs, and Landon was applying for jobs at hospitals, but nothing was opening up. I had 1 job interview, but that job was given to someone else. Even through all the rejections and lack of job openings, we still had such a strong peace that the Lord was going to take care of us.
Two weeks ago, the Denton ISD school board had a meeting and rehired 30 teachers that were previously let go. Landon and I were not in that count, but we did receive an email that we were going to be recommended for rehire at the next board meeting. We were ecstatic, but still not wanting to get our hopes up. Two weeks later, the meeting was held, and the new budget was passed! We got our jobs back!! We don't know exactly where or what we will be teaching this coming year. Because of all the switching around and loss of positions, we more than likely won't be at the same school we were at, but we are so thankful for our jobs.
The Lord has been so faithful to us. We have had such a peace through this whole process, and we give all the glory to God. We are so thankful for the prayers from our friends and family! God is so good! (and now we get to go on a trip with our summer job money!!!)
I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
Psalm 89:8
HOW AMAZING IS THAT!!!!! So happy for you friends!!
ReplyDeletePTL!!!! So very excited for you guys. Will continue to pray that your jobs will be at the same school or at least close by.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! That's SO awesome Brenda!!!!!
ReplyDelete