Wednesday, November 10, 2010

all in a week's work

Work Work Work. It has it's ups, it has it's downs.

We'll start with downs just so I can end on a good note!

1. I gave my first office referral. I'm pretty sure I turned apple red in a matter of 2 seconds, and if you looked closely, there was probably steam coming out my ears. That's how mad I was at this particular student. Don't mess with me!

2. I'm suffocating this week with everything I have to do after school, AFTER the official work day. I guess being a teacher is really a 24/7 job.

3. I feel like my 2nd year of teaching will be so much better. Right now, I'm just trying to survive. Next year, hopefully I'll be out of "Survival Mode" and into "Awesome/Creative Ideas Teacher". I'm doing what I can!

4. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (that's me falling asleep because I'm seriously that tired all the time!) I feel like I could fall asleep in the shower, eating dinner, driving home (5 minutes away), etc

UPS:)

1. I have a student who raises his hand almost every day and says "Ok, I have 2 questions. One about what we are talking about and one that's not." He has asked anything and everything from Santa Clause, to ET, to Adam and Eve, to God, to anything else you can think of. I seriously just have to stop and laugh! LOVE. THAT. KID.

2. JEANS are a teacher's best friend!!! This week, we got to wear jeans on Monday if we worked a special event that night (which of course I did), We got to wear jeans Tuesday if we payed $2 (I could barely afford that one on my teacher salary). We get to wear jeans on Friday because it's Friday. WE GET TO WEAR JEANS EVERY DAY NEXT WEEK BECAUSE IT'S THE WEEK BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!! Can you tell how excited I am about that one?


AND BEST FOR LAST!!!!!!!!

3. Monday, I walked around the corner from the library to see my principal carrying a vase of 10 brightly colored GERBER DAISES (my very favorite flower!). Jokingly I said, "Oh, I'll take those." He handed them to me, and he WASN'T joking! My sweet, wonderful, romantic, thoughtful, loving husband sent me flowers just because he loves me! These absolutely made my entire week!!!!!!! He is the most wonderful man I know!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm..I think my husband needs to take a hint from yours! ;) Yay for surprise flowers at work!

    ReplyDelete