Monday, October 11, 2010

Life

Why is it so hard to truly live your life as though it is a gift that could be taken at any moment, but so easy when that gift is taken away from someone and we realize how precious life is? By then, for some, it's too late. On Saturday, I found out that a sweet friend, who I went to church with in high school, age 27, took a nap and did not wake up. She left behind a husband, a 3 year old little boy, and a 3 week old baby girl. As I write this, my heart is so heavy. My heart aches for the husband who only had a few short years with his love, her little boy who loved his mommy, a baby girl who will never know her mommy, and her sister and her parents who have lost their precious daughter and sister.

Sometimes I wonder why? Sometimes I don't understand, and I'm not even in the middle of this tragic event. I can only imagine what her sweet family is thinking right now. I can only pray that they have the peace of God that surpasses all of their understanding. A peace to not only accept, but embrace God's love, power, sovereignty, and grace. A peace knowing she is now worshipping her Jesus.

My challenge to myself and others is to enjoy life like you never have before. Truly enjoy and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day. I am going to do my best to live each day as if it was made just for me. I am going to love my very best. I am going to to my best to let go of the small things that irritate me. I am going to do my best at enjoying my students. I am going to love my husband more. I am going to do my best to call my family and friends who I don't get to see more. I am going to do my best to be a light in my workplace to those who may not have the peace of God like I do. I am going to do my best to appreciate the smallest things that are so easy to overlook. I am going to do my best to love.

Please pray for the family of Cassidy "Hicks" Meyer.

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

0 comments:

Post a Comment