the weekend of july 11, we had wedding festivities galore. some of our very best friends, Ben and Natalie, got married and we had SUCH a blast the whole weekend! Landon was the best man and I was a bridesmaid. Now Ben and Natalie live 15 minutes from us and we have already had lots of fun together!
the very next weekend, we went to see my family for our family reunion. all of my dad's brothers and sister, their kids, grandkids, my grandma(dad's mom), and my mamurmer(mom's mom) all went to the lake, stayed in a friends lake house, ate delicious food, and spent hours on the lake enjoying each other's company.
Landon and my nephew, Cash
we got home from the family reunion on sunday and left for vacation with Landon's family on wednesday. we went to Colorado Springs and went white water rafting, pikes peak, and garden of the gods. it was a fun first vacation with the in-laws!
All of the Turrubiartes
We have fun together:)
while we were on vacation, my mom sent me a text friday morning and said that my sweet Uncle Mike had passed away (her oldest brother). He had cancer that had pretty much spread all over his body. While we are sad that he is gone, we also know there is no more suffering, and no more pain. I'm sure him and my P (his dad) are up in heaven having the time of their lives! Please continue to keep my Mamurmer (lost her husband and oldest son in a month and a half) in your prayers, as well as Mikes wife and 2 boys. One of their boys is getting married in 2 weeks, so that is bound to be difficult.

Uncle Mike
The next Tuesday, I had an interview for a 4th grade position. it was the first interview all summer, so i was nervous about it, but i had subbed at this school AND in the 4th grade for a whole week last year so i was feeling pretty good about it. I interviewed with the principal first and then the 4th grade teachers. the principal said he would call and let me know either way no later than thursday. Tuesday afternoon he called and OFFERED ME THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited/blessed/overwhelmed/nervous/ecstatic!!! I start orientation and teacher stuff next friday so i don't have a lot of time to prepare, but God is so to provide for both Landon and I over the last year and now with both of us having full time jobs for the upcoming year! I'm sure I will get everything done that i need to get done!
Anyways, The End:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment