Being pregnant while raising a toddler is not for the weak. We found out I was pregnant with our second baby at the end of October, when Olivia was almost a year and a half old, you know, the age in which a child starts to figure out how to test the limits, needs lots of attention, needs to stay busy constantly, and is so fun much because they are finally able to "play". As you also know, the first few weeks of pregnancy is exhausting. It never really made sense to me because the new baby was only the size of a sesame seed or a pea, but somehow that tiny little baby was sucking all the energy out of me, as well as making me need to pee way too often. Between growing a tiny human and keeping a toddler alive, I was exhausted.
We had Thanksgiving with Landon's family a couple weeks after we found out and told them. Landon texted both of them while we were in the room. They were so excited. We went to Friona a couple weeks later for Thanksgiving week, where we told my family. We met my whole family and my sister's basketball game. We went to her house after to eat pizza. I had told my dad at the game and asked him when he prayed before we ate if he would thank God for the new baby. It was a fun and special way to tell everyone.
The next couple of months were busy with Christmas and new years as well as our monthly appointments. We decided to find out the gender at 16 weeks. I was just certain it was a girl, probably because I could only imagine having a girl since I already had Olivia, but I just couldn't picture us with a boy. However, 16 weeks is the earliest that our doctor said you can tell, but it was VERY obvious we were having a little boy. We already had the first name picked out when we were pregnant with Olivia. We would be naming our first son after Landon's grandpa, Noah. Landon came up with the name Cole for the middle name, and it just stuck. So the week of Valentines, we found out we were going to have a son. We bought Valentine cookies for the grandparents that said "We love you! Love, Olivia and Noah"
I had always heard that on your second pregnancy, you start showing a lot sooner, but I was shocked really at how much bigger I was so early on. I had to tell my students earlier than I was planning after one day when they were all starring at my growing belly. I could hear the whispers and the giggles, so I knew it was time. The girls, obviously, were all so excited.
School came to a close, we had a baby shower, began and finished the nursery and Olivia's big girl room, and were ready to meet our boy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment