Landon joined the military. There are many factors that have led to this decision over the last several months, and it has finally all fallen into place. Yesterday he signed with the National Guard, which is a reserve branch of the Army. There are so many benefits that will happen because of this decision that we had a hard time just brushing it to the side, the biggest being that Landon's nursing school will be completely paid for by the military which means no loans. And he really is excited about this. Joining the military has always been an interest of his, but he knew he wanted to go to school first. Now that the opportunity has come up, he has been excited to take on this challenge.
So here is what the next year looks like for us (in my head anyways)
- Landon will begin training with his unit next month while he finishes off teaching this school year. He will go train with them 1 weekend every month.
- He will leave in May for basic training in South Carolina and will be gone until August.
- He will return in time to star another year of teaching until he gets into nursing school.
- He will continue training with his unit 1 weekend each month and will be training to be an Officer which will take 18 months.
I think over the last several months with our jobs and now with this, the name for God that has been revealed to me has been Peace. God has definitely been my peace through this. While I know there will be difficult times, especially, being alone, I know God is going to take care of both me and Landon.
Please keep us in your prayers as we figure out how we will transition into this new military lifestyle!
Wow. I had no idea you all were considering this. I will definitely be praying. I can see how this will fit your lives well and Landon will obviously make a great officer.
ReplyDeleteWow! This is awesome! What wonderful changes for you! Will be praying!
ReplyDelete