Wednesday, July 22, 2009

pound cake

tonight we had landon's grandparents over for dinner. i know, you are thinking, how sweet! but i won't take all the credit, it actually wasn't our idea, ha. landon's mom mentioned that his grandma had casually brought up that she "didn't even know where her grandkids lived", so we had them over for dinner.

ok you know that typical meal that your grandparents always eat? you know, like pinto beans, that weird meat that you aren't really sure what it is, and anything else they can find? well that's what we had. i had never cooked that kind of meat before (landon got it) and landon told me they like their meat well done, and well done means very well done! because i didn't know what it was supposed to look like, and he did tell me it needed to be "well done", i might have let it get a little bit TOO well done. when you drop it on the plate and it sounds like you dropped fork on the plate, that's a little TOO well done. i ran to the grocery store and got some fried chicken, hid the box in the pantry, and they never knew....they even ate the rock solid "well done" meat and complimented it.

the dinner and night ended up being a productive night, they enjoyed being here, we enjoyed having them. there is just something about grandparents humor that makes the night fun/interesting.


ps...when your grandmother-in-law asks if you are going to try her pound cake, always say yes, even if you made your mom's brownies that you have been craving all week...better yet, eat a piece as soon as she brings it in. AND before she leaves, when she asks if you want to keep some, ALWAYS say yes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda!

    I found you on facebook and was so glad to see you have a blog too! I have been blogging for a while, and love it! My blog is www.mossmoments.blogspot.com if you'd like to check it out! :)

    Can't wait to read more!

    Chelsey (Snodgrass) Moss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I saw pictures of your wedding too, and it looked amazing! I loved your bridals, they were gorgeous!

    My husband Bryan and I both live in Rockwall. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the area, but it's about 30 miles SE of Dallas. I have been living/teaching in Rockwall for about 4 yrs. This will be my 4th year to teach Kindergarten and I love it! Bryan is originally from Shreveport, LA but moved here when we got married. He just got a job at one of the high schools here in Rockwall and will be teaching Chemistry. He hopes to coach baseball/gymnastics in the future.

    What grade level are you hoping to teach? I checked our website and saw that they still have a 4th grade teacher position available at one of the schools. If you want to talk more in depth about it, then feel free to e-mail me at csnodgrass@rockwallisd.org.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete